2009年10月30日 星期五

Picture Book study group

This Wednesday, I went to Immaculate Conception Chapel for a Picture Book study group. There, I found many things to learn from, for instance, I think that sometimes Picture Books could really relief our pain from the realistic life, and relax for a while. The lecturer said that Picture Books are widely used in elementary school and kindergartens for many years. I think this is a good solution to help release the suffering of students nowadays, if a kid’s parents got divorced or are low-income family, he or she might feel sorrowful the whole year long, or even for his or her whole life. Sometimes we just tell children what is in a picture book, they would know what to do, and perhaps they would not suffer so much from this cruel society.
The lecturer also mentioned that Picture Books can be divided into two kinds: one is pictured books without any word, and the other a bunch of pictures with some or few words in them. Each person has his or her own interpretation toward a certain pictures, and then we could think for a while what is in the picture, and what it symbolized in life. Since this study group focus on life education, she mentioned a lot of Picture Books for our reference, and people should know what yourself feel about you yourself rather than what others think about you, this is quite an important concept if we would like to teach students in the future. I suppose that a lot of people already notice that it is too hard to satisfy each person in the world, even superstars can not do that; therefore, I hope that my students could keep in mind that what you feel is much more important than what others tell you, and do not feel depressed when a person speak ill of you. In You Are Special, there are people who have golden stickers and grey stickers to stick on each person, and the one who is spotted by grey dots, and when he finally changed his mind, the grey dot fall off from his body; I like this book very much, although the color is not so bright throughout this picture book, I think what he did is good in the end: do not care what other people say, he is still a special being to the whole world.
I know there would have two more study group for picture books, and I think that I would participate in both of them—picture books makes my life brightened!

沒有留言:

張貼留言